Sunday 12 April 2020

PUSHING ME AWAY

PUSHING ME AWAY

Why i never walked away
Why i played myself this way
Now i see your testing, pushes me away..

I've tried like you
To do everything you wanted too
This is the last time
I'll take the blame for the sake of being with you..

Everything falls apart
Even the people who never frown eventually break down.





POINTS OF AUTHORITY

You love the way i look at you
While taking pleasure in the awful things you put me through
You take away if i give in
My life, my pride is broken.

You like to think you're never wrong
You live what you've learned
You have to act like you're someone
You want someone to hurt like you
You want to share what you've been through

You love the things i say i'll do
The way i'll hurt myself again just to get back at you



ONE STEP CLOSER

All these words they make no sense
I find bliss in ignorance
Less i hear the less you'll say
But you'll find that out anyway
Just like before..

Everything you say to me
Takes me one step closer to the edge
And i'm about to break
I need a little room to breathe..

I find the answers aren't so clear
Wish i could find a way to disappear
All these thoughts they make no sense
Nothing seems to go away
Over and over again..



RUN AWAY

A constant wave of tension
On top of broken trust
The lesson you taught me 
I learned were never true..

Now i find myself in question
You point the finger at me again
Guilty by association
You point the finger at me again..

I wanna run away
Never say goodbye
I wanna know the truth
Instead of wondering why
I wanna know the answers
No more lies
I wanna shut the door
And open up my mind..

Paper bags and angry voices
Under a sky of dust
Another wave of tension
Has more than filled up
All my talk of taking action
These words were never true..



TALKING TO MYSELF

Tell me what i've gotta do
There's no getting through to you
The lights are on but nobody's home
You say i can't understand
But you're not giving me a chance
When you leave me, where do you go?

All the walls that you keep building
All this time that i spent chasing
All the ways that i keep losing you..

The truth is, you turn into someone else
You keep running like the sky is falling
I can whisper, i can yell
But i know, i know
I'm just talking to myself..

I admit i made mistakes
But yours might cost you everything
Can't you hear me calling you home?



WITH YOU

Woke up in a dream today
And put my cold feet on the floor
Forgot all about yesterdat
Remembering i'm pretending to be where i'm not anymore..

A little taste of hypocrisy
And i'm left in the wake of the mistakes, slow to react
Even though you're so close to me
You're still distant, and i can't bring you back..

It's true
The way i feel
Was promise by your face
The sound of your voice
Painted on my memories
Even if you're not with me..
I'm with you..

You now i see
Keeping everything inside with you
You now i see
Even when i close my eyes..

I hit you and you hit me back
We fall to the floor, the rest of the day stands still
Fine line between this and that
When things go wrong i pretend that the past isn't real
Now i'm trapped in this memory..





















No comments:

Post a Comment